Moulding and Temperature
Temperature changes will cause polyurethane moldings to expand and contract.
- Square the ends of the moulding.
- Determine the amount of moulding coverage required. Allow an additional 1/4″ for every ten feet of length required for contraction.
- Apply Nu-Wood Adhesive or a strong construction adhesive along the back of the mouldings at the points which make contact with the building structure.
- Use construction adhesive at all joints. Make sure that all joining surfaces are covered with adhesive.
- Spring mouldings into place to ensure a tight fit.
- Secure moulding to a solid base every 16″ or less.
Nu-Wood Adhesive should be used with all Nu-Wood Millwork and is strongly suggested for adhering all end cut joints.
The ultra constricting characteristics of our adhesive minimize the seasonal shrinkage common to all millwork. This results in a significant reduction of gapping and the need for additional caulking long after the job is finished.